Best of Central Florida Events: April 20-27
Florida Travel Guide – April 20-27: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’re traveling in Florida’s Central area between April 20 and 27th, let fun be your guide.
1. Flower Power Concert Series
The Flower Power Concert Series (part of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival) is still going strong! This weekend you’ll see The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie (“Happy Together”). Oh and there are millions of beautiful blooms and topiaries to admire throughout Epcot.
- Highlight: The Turtles!
- When: April 22-24, 5:15, 6:30, 7:45
- Where: America Gardens Theatre in Epcot, 1510 North Avenue of the Stars, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Cost:Included with park admission
2. Earth Day Celebration in Lake Kissimmee State Park
Head to the first ever Earth Day celebration at Lake Kissimmee State Park to enjoy a guided hike and recycle relay race. Explore the 2.5-mile Gobbler Ridge Trail leading to Lake Kissimmee. After the hike, learn about what is and what is not recyclable at this Earth-friendly relay race. Teams will compete for the best time! Bring a refillable water bottle and clothes and shoes suitable for hiking!
- Highlight: Fun relay race!
- When: April 21, 9am-12pm
- Where: Lake Kissimmee State Park, 14248 Camp Mack Road, Lake Wales, Florida 33853
- Cost: $5 per vehicle (up to 8 people)
3. Sunscreen Film Festival
Whether you’re interested in acting, film screening, music or just about any other aspect of the entertainment industry, you might want to head to St. Petersburg this weekend for the 7th Annual Sunscreen Festival. Actors workshops, concerts, screenings and more!
- Highlight: Something for all lovers of film
- When: April 19-22
- Where: Theaters in Muvico Baywalk, 151 2nd Ave. North St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Cost: Day pass/$35
What fun Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?