Best of Central Florida Events: April 13-20
Florida Travel Guide – April 13-20: Things to Do in Central Florida
If you’ll be in the area of Central Florida between April 13 and 19, let fun be your guide!
1. Sarasota Film Festival
More than 200 films, panels, parties, public events and the chance to rub elbows with celebrities. Sounds like the Sarasota Film Festival is the place to be this weekend!
- Highlight: Screenings of “The Day”
- When: April 13-22
- Where: Various locations in Sarasota
- Cost: Varies depending on package but regular film ticket = $12
2. Gulf Coast Rhythm and Ribfest
Do you love the taste of ribs cooked on the grill? Then head to West Palmetto where the top Rib Masters in the United States will serve up their award-winning BBQ specialties in competition for the 2012 Gulf Coast BBQ Champion award. There will be musical entertainment and fun and games for kids!
- Highlight: Sampling yummy BBQ
- When: April 13: 4-10, 14: 11-10, 15: 11-8
- Where: Manatee River Fair Association, 1402 14th Ave. West Palmetto, FL 34221
- Cost: (At the Gate pricing) Friday: Adults/$5, Children under 12/Free, Saturday: Adults/$15, Children under 12/Free, Sunday: Adults/$20, Children under 12/Free
3. 9th Annual Island Earth Days
Live outdoor music, entertainment, a kayak competition, environmental vendor, rest seafood, art, crafts, wine and beer. Oh there’ll also be guided walks on the beach and through the woods as well as crafts and activities for the kids! All in celebration of the earth.
- Highlight: Shopping Osprey Village
- When: April 14: 10am-6pm, April 15: 10am-5pm
- Where: Honeymoon Island State Park
- Cost: $8 donation per vehicle
Which favorite Florida event would you guide us to for weekend travels?