Best Of Family-Friendly July 4 Events in Florida
Florida Travel Guide – July 4 2012: Best Of Family Friendly Events
July 4th is a great holiday to celebrate with your family. If you’ll be in Florida for the Fourth, here are some of the best family-friendly events that will be taking place.
1. Walt Disney World July Fourth Celebrations
Nothing says family-friendly quite like Disney World! The Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios all have special fireworks displays planned for the occasion. Watch the patriotic parades and listen to great live music before it all comes to an end with a dazzling display of fireworks that will light up the evening sky. In the Downtown Disney area, there’ll be live entertainment, fireworks and a street party for a more adult crowd.
- Highlight: Patriotic parades and fireworks displays
- When: July 4, 2012
- Where: All four major theme parks
- Cost: Included in admission
2. July Fourth Celebration, Kissimmee
Down the road from Disney World, if you’ll be in Kissimmee for July 4, join the 45,000 people who come out every year to celebrate America’s birthday with karaoke, bingo, food, live entertainment, a water-ski show and fireworks.
- Highlight: Live entertainment
- When: July 4, 5pm
- Where: Kissimmee Lakefront Park
- Cost: Free
3. Barnacle Historic State Park’s Old-fashioned Fourth of July Picnic
The home and grounds are decorated in traditional July 4 bunting, making it look like you’d stepped back in time to when Commodore Munroe’s family lived there. The old-fashioned July 4th picnic on the on the grounds of a 19th century pioneer home site is a pretty special way to spend Independence Day. See knot-tying and kite-making demonstrations and play lawn games. Take a picnic lunch and a blanket and prepare to spend the whole afternoon. Come in period dress if you like, to fit in with the staff and volunteers!
- Highlight: Old-fashioned fun on the Fourth
- When: July 4, park opens at 9am and festivities take place throughout the day
- Where: Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Highway, Miami, FL
- Cost: Adults/$5, Children 6-11/$4
How will you be spending July 4th with your family?