What To Do In Florida: Visit the Jax Film Fest November 1-4
Florida News: Jacksonville Film Festival happening November 1-4
If you’re a fan of film, head to Jacksonville between November 1-4 for the 10th Annual Jax Film Fest. Take in films, panels and workshops, parties, events and more, all in celebration and support of filmmaking and filmmakers with connections to the state of Florida.
Jax Film Fest: The Films
There are many great films on the lineup, but the following are some film highlights of this year’s festival:
- That’s What She Said, a quirky and honest film that ponders one of life’s biggest questions: why does it always have to be so hard? Starring Anne Heche, directed by Carrie Preston
- Metropolis (1927), enjoy the classic film which inspired many others such as Star Wars and Blade Runner, but in this version, see 25 minutes of newly discovered footage that has been added. Directed by Fritz Lang
- The Last Flight of Peter Ginz, a story of tragedy and a look at humanity. Directed by Sandra DIckson and Churchill Roberts
Jax Film Fest: The Events
- Meet Carrie Preston. Fans of True Blood and The Good Wife will be excited to meet Carrie Preston at the festival. This actress is also the Director of film, That’s What She Said. Bring an item to be signed and enter the Carrie Preston Contest. You may win a photo with Carrie, two tickets to the “Shooting Through the Glass Ceiling” filmmaking panel, a seat at the Women in Filmmaking Luncheon, and two tickets to the That’s What She Said screening on Saturday afternoon.
- Women in Filmmaking Luncheon. An annual component of the Jax Film Fest, this luncheon honors a female filmmaker. This year’s guest is Carrie Preston.
- Jax Film Fest Global Whimsy Party. It’s all about good food and a swanky mood. Enjoy dancing, heavy hors d’oeuvres and a full bar.
- 10th Annual Jax Film Fest Celebration Reception. Visit the Florida Theatre and celebrate the official “Opening of the Fest.” There will be light hors d’oeuvres and open bar.
- The Kids Red Carpet. Watch the littlest film buffs strut their stuff down the red carpet just before a screening of a feature film for the 8-12 year old set.
Jax Film Fest: The Venues
Screenings and events will primarily be held at the following venues:
- San Marco Theatre
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Florida Theatre
- Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
Get tickets and full details about all films and events happening during Jax Film Fest here.
Will you put the Jax Film Fest on your Florida vacation to do list?