What to do in Florida: Florida Zoo Halloween Events
Florida News: Zoos stay open late for Halloween entertainment
Wild animals are into the Halloween spirit at Florida zoos. Many are staying open late for special events and attractions, all focused on family-friendly entertainment so you can bring you children to any of these events happening during October:
Boo at the Zoo, Brevard Zoo
The Brevard Zoo opens for nine evenings at their annual Halloween event with spooky entertainment of all kinds: haunted trails, costume contests, witch’s lair and den, and over 30 treat stations. Make sure you visit Professor Wormwood’s Poison Garden, the Boo Choo train, and catch Zoola Entertainment performing by Paws On. Note that the haunted trail is recommended for children 10 years and older.
- When: October 12th-14th; 19th-21st; and 26th-28th, 2012 from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: 8225 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940
Zoo Boo Bash, Sanford
Wear a costume or get your face painted during the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens’ Zoo Boo Bash. You’ll find haunted hay rides, costume contests, photo spots in the pumpkin patch and trick or treat stations.
- When: October 20, 21, 27, 28, 2012 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: 3755 NW Hwy 17-92 Sanford, Florida
It’s the 14th year that The Tampa Lowry Park Zoo stays open late for some family-friendly spooky fun with six haunted houses for some spooky fun. Explore Fright Theatre 3D or Wake the Dead at the zombie-themed haunt.
- When: October 5-7, 11-14, 18-21, 25-28; Friday & Saturday: 7-11 p.m., Thursday & Sunday 7-10 p.m.
- Where: 1101 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604 , Florida