What To Do In Florida: Best Of Veterans Day Events in Northern Florida
Florida News: Veterans Day Parades in Northern Florida
Honor the men and women that have fought for our freedom throughout the decades by getting out and celebrating Veterans Day at one of the following Veterans Day events happening in Northern Florida this year.
1. Veterans Day Parade, Jacksonville
Show your respect for the veterans at the Veteran’s Day Parade in Jacksonville on November 12. The parade will feature 4000 participants, including retired military units, active duty soldiers, military organizations, veterans groups and high school marching bands from the local area. See the decorative floats, JROTC units, giant balloons and lots more.
- Highlight: Marching bands
- When: November 12, 2012 | 11:01am
- Where: Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
- Cost: Free
2. Veterans Day Festival, Tallahassee
It’s Tallahassee’s second annual Veterans Day Festival in the Park. Last year more than 30,000 people came out to honor the veterans at this special event and it’s expected even more will come celebrate their freedom and the men and women who provided that for us. The highlight will be the Veteran’s Day Parade but the festival will also feature crafts vendors, food vendors and more!
- Highlight: Veterans Day Parade
- When: November 12, 2012 | 9:30am-3pm
- Where: Downtown Tallahassee, between Monroe and Duval Street
- Cost: Free
3. Veterans Day Concert
Head to the El Campanil Theater on Sunday for a special Veterans Day Concert. Enjoy a musical celebration and patriotic tribute to the United States. Two local groups will be together in concert; the Summerset Singers chorus and the Summerset Big Band. Enjoy favorites like “Armed Forces Medley,” “America the Beautiful,” and “Battle Hymn of the Republic.
- Highlight: Songs of remembrance
- When: November 11, 2012 | 3pm
- Where: 602 W. Second Street, Antioch, Florida
- Cost: $15/adults, $12/seniors, $10/children
Do you attend Veterans Day celebrations?