Upcoming Oktoberfest and Beer Festivals in Florida
Florida News: Get ready for Oktoberfest Events by sampling beers from across the nation
It’s that time of the year, beer aficionados! Oktoberfest is gearing up along with many beer festivals and we’ll be featuring them as we round up the information. There are events each weekend in October so if you’re pondering what to do in Florida that’s beer related, start with the following events:
Fifth Annual Baytowne Beer Festival
Sampling American specialty beers is the highlight at this annual Baytown festival that features over 100 domestic and international beers and 40 craft brewer, from Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company to Henry Weinhard’s and Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales to Angry Orchards. Among the samples, from light pale ales and rich dark stouts there will also be bottled and unreleased fall beers. If you’ve attended before, a new feature this year is John Holl’s: ”Three Decades of Craft Beer: A Taste of History and Today”. The award-winning author and and associate editor of Beer Connoisseur, has visited more than 900 breweries worldwide, and is sharing some of his insights during this seminar.
- Highlight: Beer sampling!
- When: October 19-20, 2012
- Where: The Village of Baytowne Wharf, 9100 Baytowne Blvd., Destin, Florida
- Cost: $30/person (John Holl seminar is an additional fee).
Merritt Island’s Oktoberfest Street Party
The street party has a new location this year – in front of the DOGS R US store – but everything else remains the same: Miss Oktoberfest pageant, children’s games, DJ spinning, live bands on two stages, and the yodeling contest. German chefs prepare authentic cuisine accompanied by high-quality beer . For more information call, 321-323-4460 or email email@example.com.
- Highlight: Yodeling contest!
- When: October 6, 2012 from 5 p.m. till 1 a.m.
- Where: 1580 E. Merritt Island Causeway, Merritt Island, Florida
- Cost: $10/person (buy 1, get 1 free offer runs till October 1).
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Disney World
There are more than 300 wine and beer seminars during the International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, along with a wide sampling of ethnic cuisine, wines and spirits. One of the new events this year is a beer pairing lunch with authentic Italian cuisine held each Tuesday at Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria in the Italy Pavilion.
- Highlight: Beer pairing
- When: September 28 to November 12, 2012
- Where: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Orlando
- Cost: Disney World admission plus extra cost for seminar tickets.
What’s your favorite Oktoberfest party?