Top five museums in Tampa & St. Petersburg make the list!
Florida News: Tampa’s best museums on the Top Art Destinations List
Tampa and St. Petersburg were recently listed among the top five culturally diverse areas by the U.S. Census Bureau and a Top Arts Destination by American Style Magazine. Here are the museums that made the cut:
Tampa Museum of Art
Overlooking the Hillsborough River, The Tampa Museum of Art, exhibits 20th century fine art and ancient Greek and Roman Etruscan pieces.
- Where: 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa, Florida
- When: Monday – Wednesday, Friday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: $10/adults, $7.50/seniors, educators, and military members; $5/students; free/children under six
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Inc.
The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts displays photographs that speak to contemporary life and culture, as well as offers gallery tours and curator lectures.
- Where: 200 N Tampa St., Suite 130, Tampa, Florida
- When: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.; Sunday 12 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $4 donation
The Dali Museum
As renowned for its architecture as it for one of the world’s best Salvador Dali collections, from the geodesic glass dome to the Avant garden labyrinth, this museum is one of a kind.
- Where: One Dali Blvd., St. Petersburg, Florida
- When: Monday – Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Friday & Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sunday: noon – 5:30 p.m.
- Cost: $21/adults; $15/children 13-18
Contemporary Art Museum
Right next to the University of South Florida College of The Arts, the Contemporary Art Museum holds over 5,000 art works from graphics and sculpture to photography and African Art.
- Where: 3821 USF Holly Drive, Tampa, Florida
- When: Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cost: Free
St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts
The St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts not only has an extensive collection of photography, 17th to 19th century European art; pre-Columbian and Asian art and 19th and 20th century American art; but also has a sculpture garden that you can stroll around in.
- Where: 255 Beach Dr. N.E., St. Petersburg, Florida
- When: Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Thursdays open till 8 p.m.); Sunday noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $17/adults; $15/Seniors & military with ID; $10/college students & youth 7-18
What is your favorite museum on this list?