The Who coming to Florida in November
Florida News: The Who kicks off their Quadrophenia Tour in Florida
Out of all the southern States, the Who is starting their North American Quadrophenia Tour in Florida this November! The concert by the legendary British rock band will be a step back time to 1973 as they perform the entire “Quadrophenia” album as they did almost four decades ago. Known for dramatic staging during their shows, fans are expecting an elaborate setting for this concert and Florida gets the first experience as they start the leg of their North American tour in Sunrise, Florida as they make their way through the South and Eastern Seaboard in the U.S. Original band members, Roger Daltrey and Peter Townshend, will play 36 concerts starting in November 2012 and wrapping up toward the end of February 2012 in Providence, Rhode island. You can get tickets online as of this weekend.
Of the original band members when The Who released their sixth album, Quadrophenia, back in 1973, only Townshend and Daltrey will be playing at this concert. The band members for 2012-13 Quadrophenia Tour will be:
- Roger Daltrey – lead singer and guitarist (Daltrey was the lead vocalist and played harmonica and guitar)
- Peter Townshend – vocals and guitar (the main songwriter, Townshend played guitar, keyboards and vocals)
- Zak Starkey - drums (this is the son Ringo Starr from Ringo’s first marriage)
- Simon Townshend – guitar and backup vocals
- Pino Palladino – bass guitar
- Chris Stainton – keyboards
- Frank Simes – the musical director as well as keyboards and backup vocals
- November 1, 2012 – Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, Florida
- November 3, 2012 - Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
When did you first hear the Who?