National Competitive Eating Championships come to Florida in November
Florida News: All Pro Eating announces the National Tex Mex Roll Eating and National Chicken Slider Eating Championship
Yes, there is such a thing as an officially sanctioned Competitive Eating Championship, and they happen throughout the United States, from New York to Arizona. In November you’ll have a chance to enter two of them at either a Miami or Tampa location. There’s a prize pool of $1,500 and the winner at each location will receive $750. But beware, this isn’t a face-stuffing contest – there are rules to follow and a code of ethics to adhere to, so read on for further details.
The GameTime chain will be holding the Tex Mex Roll Eating Championship and The National Chicken Slider Eating Championships in these locations. If you’re interested in participating, you can contact All Pro Eating for more information – you must be over 18 to compete. There are professional competitive eaters that will be in attendance, including:
- Eric “Silo” Dahl, the #2 Ranked Competitive Eater, and recent winner of The National Lobster Roll Eating title
- Will “The Champ” Millender, the #4 Ranked Competitive Eater, and winner of The National Hamantaschen Eating title earlier in 2012.
The Rules and Code of Ethics
These eating competitions are run by All Pro Eating Promotions and they have specific guidelines. Referred to as their Picnic Style Rules, here is how food should be eaten:
- in a manner that is entertaining but also keeps the food intact and presentable
- no dipping, dunking, desecration and mutilation of food is allowed
Miami Championship Details
- Highlight: Tex Mex Roll Eating Championship
- When: Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
- Where: 5701 Sunset Dr Suite 330, Miami, Florida
Tampa Championship Details
- Highlight: Chicken Slider Eating Championship
- When: Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: 1600 East 8th Ave. Tampa, Florida