Get Outdoors: Best Outdoor Events in Florida: October 19-October 26
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do October 19-October 26
Get out and enjoy the out of doors as you travel through Florida! Here are three great events happening between October 19 and 26 that you may wish to add to your vacation to do list.
1. Enchanted Ravines
Enter a magical world of enchantment filled with princesses (both imaginary and real), pirates, unicorns, fairies and other fairytale characters in this fun fall festival. The whole family can spend a day during the month known for hauntings and ghosts in a non-scary atmosphere rich in wonder, enchantment and magic. Whimsical fairytale scenes abound on the edge of the ravines. Take a wagon tour to see them all! Kids are welcome to trick-or-treat in a non-scary and safe environment, thanks to the generosity of local businesses and community organizations. Children will feel like real fairies as the bounce on flowers in the moonwalk! The face painters will turn them into their favorite character. Crafts and other hands on activities will be taking place throughout the afternoon. Buy a snack, get a photo taken, take a walk in the Enchanted forest. This is a family-friendly event not to be missed for families with young children.
- Highlight: Non-scary magical fun
- When: October 20, 2012 | 3pm-6pm
- Where: Ravine Gardens State Park, 1600 Twigg Street, Palatka, Florida 32177
- Cost: $3
2. 1st Annual Treasures of South Walton Adventure Run
Join the one-mile fun run on Saturday and the 5k obstacle course on Sunday and help raise awareness and funds for local charitable organizations. The first year for what organizers hope to become an annual event, this event is aimed at offering something fun for everyone in the family. Enjoy the day at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park!
- Highlight: Fun run
- When: October 20 & 21, 2012 | 8am-3pm
- Where: 7525 W. Scenic Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459
- Cost: Entry fees waived for participants
3. Haunted Hayride and Trail
If you’ll be in the southern part of Florida during the weekend before Halloween, plan a visit to Dade Battlefield Historic State Park for a Haunted Hayride! Or perhaps you’d prefer to take a haunted walking tour on one of the nature trails. Either way, it will be spoooooky!
- Highlight: Getting scared
- When: October 26 & 27, 2012 | 5pm-9:30pm
- Where: Dade Battlefield Historic State Park, 7200 County Road 603, Bushnell, Florida 33513
- Cost: $3/vehicle
Which of these outdoor events will make it to your Florida vacation to do list?