Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events: September 28-October 5
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do September 28-October 5
Go ahead and enjoy the outdoors when you’re traveling through Florida by visiting one of these upcoming events.
1. Moon Over The Mounds Open House
Explore the grounds of a National Historic Landmark – Crystal River Archaeological State Park. During the Moon Over the Mounds event, enjoy special activities at sundown including flint knapping, the burning of the dugout canoe and atlatl throwing. Pick up a souvenir at the gift shop. Chat with an archaeologist! Bring some bug spray with you!
- Highlight: Flint knapping
- When: September 28, 2012 | 8pm
- Where: Crystal River Archaeological State Park, 3400 N. Museum Pointe, Crystal River, Florida 34428
- Cost: Free
2. National Public Lands Day at Alafia River State Park
Learn about all the different recreational opportunities there are available to you at Alafia River State Park on National Public Lands Day. Exhibitors will tell you all about geocaching, fishing, mountain bike riding, bird watching and horseback riding in the park. If you’re interested, you can also learn how to make your own hummingbird and butterfly garden.
- Highlight: Learning how to make a butterfly garden
- When: September 29, 2012 | 9am -12:30pm
- Where: 14326 South County Road 39, Lithia, Florida 33547
- Cost: Park fees waived for participants
3. Swamp Fest
Spend a day with your family members soaking up lots of fun at Colt Creek State Park during Swamp Fest. Take a guided tram tour or trail hike. Listen to bluegrass music! Senator Paula Dockery will make a special appearance.
- Highlight: Guided trail hikes
- When: September 29, 2012 | 9am-2pm
- Where: 16000 State Rd 471, Lakeland, Florida 33809
- Cost: $4/covers 8 people
Which of these outdoor events most captures your interest?