Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events: September 21-September 28
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do September 21-September 28
Soak up some sunshine on your travels through Florida by taking in one of these great outdoor events.
1. Blue Spring Water Festival
Celebrate National Public Lands Day & Literacy Month with a visit to the Blue Spring Water Festival. Participate in activities for kids, browse educational displays, take a guided walk and learn about manatees and the Springshed. Enjoy the day with your family – there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
- Highlight: Manatees!
- When: September 22, 2012 | 10am-4pm
- Where: 2100 W. French Avenue, Orange City, Florida 32763
- Cost: $6/vehicle with 2-8ppl, $4/single occupant vehicle, $2/cyclists & pedestrians
2. Story Time In The Secret Garden
The Department of Environmental Protection’s Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park is offering a magical free event for Literacy Month. Your kids will love hearing stories from various books in the Secret Garden. Cookies and lemonade will be served. Bring a gently used book, a library book or a library card to enjoy free admission. Dress for a light stroll!
- Highlight: Stories in the garden
- When: September 23, 2012 | 2pm-4pm
- Where: Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, 3540 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32309
- Cost: Free
3. Know Your Grasses (Appreciation and Identification Workshop)
Do you find yourself wondering about grasses? Professor George Rogers and expert John Bradford will be hosting a workshop for the identification and appreciation of local grasses. All materials will be provided, you just need to bring an interest in grasses. Call (772) 398-2779 before September 21 to register.
- Highlight: Learning more about grasses
- When: September 28, 2012 | 8:30am- noon
- Where: Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952
- Cost: $8/person
Which of these outdoor events mosts interests you?