Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events: September 14-September 21
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do September 14-September 21
Spend some time in the outdoors on your travels through Florida! Here are some great outdoor events happening during the week of September 14-21.
1. 2012 Florida Coastal Cleanup
It’s time for the largest volunteer effort in the world to help protect the rivers, lakes and oceans – the 27th annual International Coastal Cleanup (ICC). Participate in the Florida Coastal Cleanup (part of the ICC) and join hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the globe in their efforts to clean trash and debris from Earth’s beaches.
- Highlight: Cleaning up the beach
- When: September 15, 2012 | 7am-11am
- Where: Various locations
- Cost: Free
2. Autumn Rock ‘N’ Run 5k
Join in the second race of the Track Shack Running Series. Runners and walkers love the high energy and the live music found at the Autumn Rock ‘N’ Run 5k event.
- Highlight: Running to rock music
- When: September 15, 2012 | 7:30am
- Where: Lake Concord Park, 95 Triplet Lake Drive, Casselberry, Florida 32707
- Cost: $35 (17 & younger or 65 & older/$15)
3. An Evening With The Stars
Join the South Florida Amateur Astronomers Association with a visit to Fern Forest Nature Center in Coconut Creek on Friday, September 21 and learn the basics in telescope techniques along with some other general astronomy information. This is a great way to learn about what is in the south Florida sky! For details call 954-357-5198.
- Highlight: Gazing at the stars with a trained eye
- When: September 21, 2012 | 7:00pm
- Where: Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 S. Lyons Rd., Coconut Creek, Florida 33063
- Cost: Free
Which of these outdoor events most interests you?