Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events: November 30-December 7
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do November 30-December 7
There are lots of things to do in Florida to enjoy the great outdoors. Here are just a few upcoming events you might want to consider.
1. Sea Turtles at Sebastian Inlet State Park
How much do you know about the sea turtles that nest along Florida’s beaches? Learn lots more about these amazing creatures on Saturday at 1pm through an interpretive program at The Sebastian Fishing Museum. To find The Sebastian Fishing Museum, head to the south side of Sebastian Inlet State Park. The program is free with your park entry fees.
- Highlight: An education in sea turtles
- When: December 1, 2012 | 1pm
- Where: 9700 S. State Road A1A, Melbourne Beach, Florida 32951
- Cost: Regular park admission
Did you know that Florida leads the country when it comes to shark encounters? It might be a good idea to find out everything you can to help you share the water safely with these adept hunters of the deep blue sea before hitting the water! Visit Topsail Hill Preserve State Park on Friday for a presentation on sharks.
- Highlight: Learning about local sharks
- When: November 30, 2012 | 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Where: Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- Cost: Included with park admission
3. Withlacoochee Winter Ride
Bike along 20, 30 or 50 miles of the gorgeous, paved Withlacoochee Trail in benefit of the American Lung Association. The ride will start at the Ridge Manor Trailhead with registration happening at 8am. Registration closes on November 28 at 8:30am but you will still be able to register on the day of the event for a $35 late registration fee. Ride at your own pace and enjoy the amazing scenery while helping to raise money that will save lives by preventing lung disease and improving lung health.
- Highlight: Exercise that helps others
- When: December 1, 2012 | Registration 8am-10am
- Where: Ridge Manor Trailhead
- Cost: $25 registration fee ($35 on the day of the event) plus a $50 fundraising minimum
Which of these outdoor events would you most like to do on your vacation in Florida?