Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events In Florida: September 7-September 14
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do In Florida September 7-September 14
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking for something different to do on your travels through Florida in the coming days, check out some of these unique events happening next weekend.
1. Pups at the Point
There’s nothing like a leisurely walk along Historic Spanish Point and on Saturday morning you can bring your favorite four-legged friend along with you as part of the Pups at the Point program. Explore the 30 acres and discover boardwalks, gardens and nature trails along Little Sarasota Bay with your pooch. During the month of September, enjoy 2 for 1 admission!
- Highlight: A relaxing walk with your dog
- When: Saturday, September 8, 2012 | 9am-4pm
- Where: 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey, Florida
- Cost: $10, Kids 5-12/$5
2. Soaked Orlando Waterski Festival
Check out the two-day extreme water sports festival happening September 7 and 8 at the Soaked Orlando Waterski Festival. See demonstrations, take in a muscle car and motorcycle show, watch the professional slalom competition, marvel at 200+ foot nighttime ski jumps, enjoy life entertainment and more!
- Highlight: Watching extreme water sport competitors
- When: September 7-8, 2012, noon-11pm
- Where: Lake Eola, 195 N. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, Florida 32801
- Cost: $10/Friday, $15/Saturday, $20/Weekend pass
3. Operation Homefront 3rd Annual Freedom Walk & Run 5k
Run for a great cause with funds going to provide emergency financial (and other assistance) to families of wounded soldiers and other service members. Medals will be awarded to the top three overall runners and the top 3 in 5-year age groups for everyone aged 5 through 70+. There’ll be post-race food and refreshments served. Register now!
- Highlight: Helping families of service members
- When: Sunday, September 9, 2012 | 7:30am (Registration at 6:30am)
- Where: Downtown Waterfront, 101 S. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Cost: $25/runners and walkers, $60/family
Which of these outdoor events would you be most likely to participate in on your travels through Florida?