Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events in Florida: October 26-November 2
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do October 26-November 2
As you travel through Florida next weekend looking for something to do in the outdoors, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Full Moon Beach Hike
Head to the beachside day use pavilion at Flagler Beach and from there, join Ranger Tony for a one-mile hike under the full moon! Hikers of all ages are welcome, but all minors need an adult to accompany them. Dress for the weather and bring along a flashlight and some water.
- Highlight: Hiking under the moon
- When: October 28, 2012 | 5:45-6:30pm (Moonrise set for 5:57pm)
- Where: 3100 S. State Road A1A, Flagler Beach, Florida 32136
- Cost: Regular park admission
2. Rural Folklife Days
Learn about Floridian traditions of yesterday at Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park during Rural Folklife Days. Watch demonstrations and participate in hands-on activities. Taste homemade jellies, churn butter, sing songs, listen to stories, taste sugar cane, help a blacksmith, play games, see how a split rail fence is made!
- Highlight: Old fashioned fun
- When: November 1-3, 2012
- Where: U.S. 41 North, White Springs, Florida 32096
- Cost: $5
3. Ghouls in the Garden Family Fun Fest
Ybor City Museum State Park will be crawling with ghouls on October 27. Bob for apples, decorate a pumpkin, bob for apples from a “poison” apple tree, “bat the rat” through the hay maze, listen to stories around the witch’s cauldron and have your photo taken in a pine box. If you’ve ever wondered what a traditional wake would be like, visit “La Casita” where the ghosts will hopefully be well-behaved. Casita and the museum garden will be free during children’s activities. See how the immigrants who settled Ybor City may have lived.
- Highlight: Bobbing for poison apples
- When: October 27, 2012 | 10am-3pm
- Where: 1818 Ninth Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33605
- Cost: $5/over 6, Free/5 and under
Which of these outdoor events would you most like to add to your Florida vacation to do list?