Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events In Florida: November 9-November 16
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do November 9-November 16
There are always tons of fantastic outdoor events to do in Florida so in case you’re looking for just the right one to check out, we want to help you narrow down your options!
1. Gamble Jam
It’s the Second Saturday Gamble Jam at the Gamble Rogers Memorial State Recreation Area at Flagler Beach! Make your way to the area on Saturday at 3:00 for a casual acoustic jam session! If you’re a musician, bring a chair and your instruments and join the circle. It doesn’t matter what level of talent you have but it’s a great time to practice, to meet other musicians, practice or just to have fun listening to the jam! Keep in mind that there is no power available near the pavilions. Bring some snacks and have a great afternoon. Call (386) 517-2086 to preregister.
- Highlight: Music in the park
- When: November 10, 2012 | 3pm
- Where: 3100 S. State Road A1A, Flagler Beach, Florida 32136
- Cost: Regular park admission
2. Rim Ramble Hike
Meet the group at the LaChua Trailhead at 8am on Saturday for the Rim Ramble Hike at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park. Learn about all kinds of plants and wildlife around the Prairie and get a history lesson while you’re at it! It promises to be a beautiful 3-4 mile hike all around the rim of the Paynes Prairie basin. For details call 352-466-4966. RSVP if your heart is set on attending because only 2o people will be taken on the hike.
- Highlight: Hike around the basin
- When: November 10, 2012 | 8am
- Where: 100 Savannah Boulevard, Micanopy, Florida 32667
- Cost: $2
3. Footloose and Fancy Free Fun Walk
It’s a 5K run/walk with a twist! Head to the Koreshan State Historic Site for the Foot Solutions Estero Footloose & Fancy Free 5K Run/Walk on November 10. Bring a pair of used shoes with you to be donated to those in need. Shoes will be collected and distributed by “Soles4Souls.” Shoes that are unwearable again will be recycled for their materials.
- Highlight: Running or walking for a good cause
- When: November 10, 2012 | 7:30 Registration, 8:30 start
- Where: 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero, Florida 33928
- Cost: $20
Which of these outdoor events would you be most likely to add to your Florida vacation to do list?