Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events in Florida: November 2-November 9
Florida News: Outdoor Events to do November 2-November 9
Enjoy the out of doors in Florida by attending one of these great upcoming events. Learn about snakes, participate in the Ironman competition or just have a fun day with the family!
1. Florida Snakes
What poisonous snakes do you need to worry about in Florida? Head to Sebastian Inlet State Park on Saturday, November 3 and learn all about them. You’ll also learn about the snakes that are completely harmless. It starts at 1pm and the interpretive program is free with paid park admission.
- Highlight: Learning about snakes
- When: November 3, 2012 | 1pm
- Where: Sebastian Inlet State Park, 9700 S. State Road A1A, Melbourne Beach, Florida 32951
- Cost: Regular park fees
2. Ironman Florida
The Ironman Florida is happening at St. Andrews State Park on Saturday, November 3. If you’re in peak physical condition, register for the event and see how you do in the race. The running portion happens around the park boundaries. To get familiar with the terrain, participants are able to enter the park for free from October 31 through race day.
- Highlight: Demonstrating our physical abilities
- When: November 3, 2012 | 12pm-12am
- Where: St. Andrews State Park, 4607 State Park Lane, Panama City, Florida 32408
- Cost: Park fees waived for participants only
3. Family Fun Day at MacArthur Beach State Park
Check out the live animal show, chat with native plant vendors, let the kids do some crafts, watch paddle board demonstrations and fishing demos, kayak through an obstacle course, enjoy the live music and delicious food! All this and more happening at MacArthur Beach State Park on Saturday, November 3 from 11am to 3pm. Be sure to get a holiday photo taken on the beach! It’s all free with park admission.
- Highlight: Free holiday photos
- When: November 3, 2012 | 11am-3pm
- Where: MacArthur Beach State Park, 10900 Jack Nicklaus Drive, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408
- Cost: Free with park admission
Which of these outdoor events in FLorida would you most like to add to your to do list?