Get Outdoors: Best Of Outdoor Events in Florida: November 16-November 23
Florida News: Outdoor events to do November 16-November 23
If you’re looking for something to do in the great outdoors while enjoying a Florida vacation, consider attending one of these fun events!
Make a visit to Silver River State Park and enjoy an evening getting to know what’s up there in the night sky. The Ocala Astronomy Club will have telescopes and heaps of knowledge on hand for an educational and entertaining night under the stars. Bring along some insect repellant and take advantage of this chance to learn how to use a telescope and what you’re really seeing when you gaze at the stars.
- Highlight: Leraning about the sky
- When: November 24, 2012 | 6pm
- Where: 1425 N.E. 58th Avenue, Ocala, Florida 34470
- Cost: Regular park fees
2. Bee’s Knees Under the Trees
Take a trip back to the Roaring 20s at the first annual Bee’s Knees Under the Trees event at the Ribault Club in the Fort George Island Cultural State Park. Take part in some lawn bowling, badminton and croquet. Enjoy period music and dancing. See vintage cars and lots more.
- Highlight: Stepping into the 1920s
- When: November 25, 2012 | 10:30am-4:30pm
- Where: 12157 Heckscher Drive, Jacksonville, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Heritage and Cigar Festival
Celebrate the rich cigar heritage that led to Tampa once being the “Cigar Capital of the World.” Visit vendor booths, enjoy live music, see antique cars and classic architecture, explore “La Casita” and see how workers would have lived in 1895.
- Highlight: Cigar culture
- When: November 17, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: 1818 Ninth Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33605
- Cost: $5/Advance, $10/Gate, Free/under 12
Which of these outdoor events would you most likely add on your to do list?