Get Outdoors: Best Of Florida Outdoor Events: August 24-August 31
Florida News: Outdoor Things To Do August 24-August 31
If you’re looking for some fun things to do in the outdoors with your family in Florida, consider one of these three great upcoming events for outdoor enthusiasts.
1. Families In Nature
St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge is offering all kinds of fun for families on August 25. From 11am to 2pm there’ll be activities like scavenger hunts, crafts, dipnetting and lots more. The theme is “alligators” this week!
- Highlight: Family fun
- When: August 25, 11am-2pm
- Where: 1255 Lighthouse Road, St. Marks, Florida 32355
- Cost: Free with $5 entrance fee
2. Mangrove Tunnels Kayak Tour
Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures in Lido, Sarasota, offers a kayak eco tour you and your family won’t soon forget. Paddle along for 2.5 hours through mangrove tunnels in Sarasota Bay – a waterway frequented by manatees and dolphins. Keep your eye out for live shells along the way.
- Highlight: Seeing live dolphins and manatees
- When: 7 days/week during summer months with reservation
- Where: 100 Taft Drive., Sarasota, Florida, 34236
- Cost: $55/person ($40/children under 5)
3. Florida Outdoors Expo
This event for outdoor enthusiasts claims they’ve “got it all” and it would appear as though that’s true. Whether you’re interested in: Hiking, kayaking, RVing, boating, camping, archery, fishing, hunting, diving or ATVing, this expo will have something to interest you. There’ll also be a monster truck rides, a Gun & Knife show, numerous demos and displays, events for children and you’ll find food and drinks as well.
- Highlight: Meeting Paul Bedard of “Gator Boys”
- When: August 25, 2012 | 9am-5pm, August 26, 2012 | 9am-4pm
- Where: Indian River County Fairgrounds, Vero Beach, FL
- Cost: $6/adults, Free/under 12
Which of these outdoor events would you most like to participate in with your family?