Christmas Bricktacular opens at Legoland
Florida News: Family Lego Christmas event held every Saturday and Sunday during December
Legoland launched its holiday season November 29th with a Tree Lighting Ceremony starring record busting singer Chris Kirkpatrick and Legoland Christmas characters.
The focal point of this holiday celebration is the 11 ton lego Christmas tree with sparkling LED lights. It takes over 270,000 dark green Lego and Duplo bricks to build the giant 30-foot tall tree.
There are a number of festive activities for the whole family during Christmas Bricktacular:
- build Lego ornaments for Christmas tree decorations
- take photos with a Lego Santa or Lego Toy Soldier
- look for Lego Santas during the Santa Scavenger Hunt in Miniland USA
- holiday shopping for unique and hard to find LEGO products in specialty stores
New Year’s Celebrations
For upcoming New Year’s festivities,the Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve runs from December 26th to the 30th Lego firework shows Dec. 26-30; on the 31st there’s a grand finale! The Kids New Year’s Eve celebration includes:
- live-action shows
- Lego fireworks display
- a midnight KST (that’s a 6 p.m. EST for Kid Standard Time) Brick drop
The Chris Kirkpatrick Foundation, is granting a Christmas wish for 40 families that may be struggling during this holidays by giving them a family experience at Legoland which can alleviate some of the stress they may be feeling and give them happy memories of the holidays. “As we enter this holiday season, it’s important to think about those children that may not get anything under the Christmas tree this year and how each of us might be able to help brighten their holiday season,” said Kirkpatrick.
- When: Saturdays and Sundays in December.
- Where: 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884
- Cost: included with regular park admission but discounts up to $30 for single weekday admission on weekdays and $15 off on weekends are available.
Have you seen the Lego Christmas tree?