Best Of Southern Florida Events: September 7-September 14
Florida News: Events To Do September 7-September 14
If you’re looking for something interesting to do on your travels through the southern region of Florida, check out one of these great upcoming events.
1. Clean up Keewaydin
Spend a day at the beach helping Collier County Sheriff’s Office Marine Bureau and the Collier County Marine Alliance to clean up Keewaydin. Crews will depart from Pelican Bend Restaurant at 8:30am aboard Calusa Spirit to head to the Island to clean up the beach. Transportation will return to the island at roughly 12:30pm. You’ll be given bottled water but bring sunscreen. Email keewaydincleanup [at] gmail [dot] com to reserve a spot on the vessel.
- Highlight: Doing something for the planet
- When: September 8, 2012 | 8:30am-12:30pm
- Where: 219 Capri Boulevard Naples, Florida 34113
- Cost: Free
2. Monday Night Cool & Classic Movie
Visit the Tropic Cinema for a classic movie on Monday night. This month the Monday Night theme is “Back to School” and to kick it off will be 1986 film, Back To School, starting Rodney Dangerfield.
- Highlight: Fun classic movie
- When: September 10, 2012 | 7pm
- Where: 416 Eaton Street, Key West, Florida 33040
- Cost: $8.50
3. Flavor Palm Beach
Boca Raton and The Palm Beaches show off their culinary delights during Flavor Palm Beach, taking place from September 1 to September 30. Enjoy everything from burgers and fries to surf and turf. Enjoy a 3-course lunch for $20 or a 3-course dinner for $30 or $35. This is a great chance to try out some of the great restaurants you’ve always heard about!
- Highlight: 3-course meal for less
- When: September, 2012
- Where: Various restaurants in Palm Beach County, Florida
- Cost: $20/lunch, $30 or $35/dinner
Which of these events would you be most interested in taking part in on your travels though South Florida?