Best Of Southern Florida Events: September 28-October 5
Florida News: Events To Do September 28-October 5
If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary to do in southern Florida between September 28 and October 5, check out one of these great upcoming events.
1. Festival Miami
The South Florida arts season kicks off with Festival Miami, the annual music festival that everyone looks forward to. 25 concerts take place over the course of 5 weeks, each falling under one of the following themes: Jazz and Beyond, Creative American Music, Great Performances and Music of the Americas.
- Highlight: Music
- When: October 2-November 4, 2012
- Where: Maurice Gusman Concert Hall and Victor E. Clarke Concert Hall, Coral Gables, Florida
- Cost: Varies by event, but many are free
2. Las Olas Oktoberfest
Listen to the sounds off “Nachtschict” and drink $3 beers. Check out the Jodel contest, the bratwurst-eating contest, the beer stein holding contest and more! It’s a 3-day beer, food and music festival – the first Annual Las Olas Oktoberfest.
- Highlight: Bratwurst and beer
- When: September 28 & 29: 11am-11pm | September 30: noon-10pm
- Where: The Riverside Hotel and Fritz & Franz Bierhaus, 620 Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Cost: Free (bring cash for food & beverages)
3. National Public Lands Day
- Highlight: Seeing the parks for free
- When: September 29, 2012
- Where: Everglades National Park and Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these southern Florida events would you most enjoy taking part in?