Best Of Southern Florida Events: September 21-September 28
Florida News: Events To Do September 21-September 28
If you’re traveling through south Florida later this month and you’re looking for something out of the ordinary to do, check out one of these upcoming events!
1. Florida Keys Birding and Wildlife Festival
Celebrate some of the natural wonders of Florida during the peak of the fall birding season. Take in presentations and participate in field trips focusing on birds and wildlife in the Florida Keys. The event involves an opening reception, a special dinner, presentations and an environmental fair.
- Highlight: Birds!
- When: September 25-September 30, 2012
- Where: Various locations throughout the Keys
- Cost: Varies depending on event
2. Summer Safaris at Big Cat Habitat & Gulf Coast Sanctuary
Have you ever gotten up close and personal with an exotic animal? If not, a visit to the Summer Safari at Big Cat Habitat & Gulf Coast Sanctuary should be on your to do in Florida list! Take this rare opportunity, during Summer Safaris, to get as close as you’d want to get to a big cat.
- Highlight: Great big cats
- When: September 22, 2012 | 4:30pm-7pm
- Where: Big Cat Habitat & Gulf Coast Sanctuary, 7101 Palmer Blvd, Sarasota Florida 34240
- Cost: $15/adults, $7/children
3. The Palm Beach County Comic Book & Collectibles Show
Visit the American Polish Club in Lake Worth for PalmCon, the only comic convention of its kind in Palm Beach County. The convention will spill over the 4800 square feet of the convention center and into other rooms of the club. The guest of honor will be Jose Delbo who has worked on titles like The ThunderCats, Wonder Woman, The Twilight Zone and The Transformers. All major comic shops in the area will be represented at PalmCon and so will more than 25 artists, a handful of vendors, film makers and, of course, fans! Watch short films in the Indie-Film Lounge and watch (or participate in) the costume contest!
- Highlight: Comics
- When: September 22, 2012 | 10am-6pm
- Where: 4725 Lake Worth Road, Greenacres (Palm Beach County), Florida 33463
- Cost: $4/adults, $2/students, Free/children under 12
Which of these events most piques your interest?