Best Of Southern Florida Events: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Events To Do October 5-October 12
There’s always something fun going on in southern Florida, but if you’re looking for something to do that will really stay with you, check out one of these great upcoming events.
1. Miami Carnival
It’s almost time for one of the most popular events in Miami – The Miami Broward Carnival Parade & Festival. Celebrate the Caribbean culture through food, music, arts and crafts. Don’t miss the colorful mardi-gras-style parade.
- Highlight: Caribbean culture
- When: October 7, 2012 | 12pm-11pm
- Where: Sun Life Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Cost: $20
2. SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch
Sit back and relax on Sunday afternoon in the scenic setting of Fort Lauderdale’s beautiful Riverwalk at the SunTrust Sunday Jazz Brunch. See some of the best jazz artists in the area at this free, live, outdoor concert. Bring a blanket or a couple of lawn chairs and a picnic lunch and enjoy the afternoon.
- Highlight: Jazz in the out of doors
- When: October 7, 2012 | 11am-2pm
- Where: 20 N New River Drive E, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Thomas Edison Black Maria Film Festival Retrospective
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates have been collaborating since 2007 with Edison State College to bring the International Thomas Edison Black Maria Film Festival to the state of Florida. Normally, the festival happens in the spring but it has moved to October this year. On Friday the Edison & Ford Winter Estates plays host to the event with Edison State College screening the retrospective films in the collection on Saturday. On both evenings, Black Maria Film Festival Director and Founder, John Columbus, will be introducing the films and acting as facilitator for discussions.
- Highlight: Film
- When: October 5&6, 2012 | 7:30pm-10pm
- Where: Friday: Edison & Ford Winter Estates, Saturday: Edison State College, Fort Myers Campus
- Cost: $10
Which of these events in southern Florida do you find most interesting?