Best Of Southern Florida Events: October 26-November 2
Florida News: Events To Do October 26-November 2
If you’re traveling through southern Florida looking for something interesting to do with your weekend, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Kiwanis Haunted House
It’s time for the Cursed Carnival at Zoomers Amusement Park. Take in this spooky Halloween event organized by the San Carlos Park-Estero Kiwanis Club and do something fun that will actually help those in need! Bring along a food donation to toss in the coffin for the hungry then visit the Haunted House and ride the rides.
- Highlight: Feeding the hungry
- When: Every Friday & Saturday in October | Dusk until midnight
- Where: Zoomers Amusement Park, 17455 Summerlin Road, south Fort Myers, Florida
- Cost: $10
2. Oktoberfest Cape Coral
Look for the huge tent and outside Biergarten in Cape Coral where the German culture is being celebrated from October 26-28 for Oktoberfest. Head to the kids carnival area. Listen to nonstop live music direct from Germany! Dance on one of two dance floors. Feast on German specialities like chicken Caesar salad, bratwurst, leberkaese, schweinhaxen and potato pancakes. Oh and there will be sausage! Drink German beer and spirits.
- Highlight: German food and drink
- When: October 26-28, 2012
- Where: 2101 SW Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, Florida 33991
- Cost: $5/advance, $6/gate, Free/under 12
3. The Haunting of Fort Zachary Taylor
Once you experience The Haunting of Fort Zachary Taylor, you’ll never think about Key West the same way again. The Haunt itself is one of the most spine-tingling events in Key West but then in the open air Theater of Chills, you’re welcome to watch the same old black and white horror movies that terrified your parents and grandparents.
- Highlight: Classic horror
- When: Through October 30, 8pm-11pm | October 31, 8pm-midnight
- Where: Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, Key West, Florida
- Cost: $13/adults, $8/kids 5-12, Free/under 5
Which of these southern Florida events would you be most keen to add to your vacation to do list?