Best Of Southern Florida Events: October 19-October 26
Florida News: Events To Do October 19-October 26
Looking for something interesting to do in Florida as you travel through the southern part of the state over the coming days? Consider attending one of these events!
1. Key Largo Pirates Fest
Four days of pirate-themed events start today and continue through the 21st. Check out the Pirate Parade & Bash, see the costume contests and the Pirate shows & invasion. Go on the Booty Hunt or the Pirate Poker Run! There will be lots of plundering going on in Key Largo this weekend.
- Highlight: Pirates!
- When: October 18-21, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Key Largo, Florida
- Cost: Varies, but most events are free
2. Zombicon 2012
“The Galactic Infection” is the space-alien theme for this year’s Zombicon zombie fest in Fort Myers. Visit The Harborside Event Center and check out the vendors, meet some celebrity guests (cast members of “Day of the Dead” and “The Walking Dead”), there’ll be make-up demos, costume contests, a zombie-queen drag pageant and lots more fun for the living and the living dead. On Saturday night, check out the free street festival (zombie-themed) and dance like a zombie – or not! The zombie walk happens during Zombicon too.
- Highlight: Zombie walk
- When: October 20, 2012 | 10am-11pm, October 21, 2012 | 10:30am-8pm
- Where: Downtown Fort Myers
- Cost: $15-25 or $35 for both days. VIP pass is $110
3. Friendly Forest
Laser-light show, costume contest, candy, crafts, games and more. Head to the Calusa Nature Center for a kid-friendly haunted walk and lots more non-threatening fun!
- Highlight: Non-scary Halloween fun
- When: October 19-21 & October 31, 2pm-5pm
- Where: Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium, 3450 Ortiz Ave., Fort Myers, Florida
- Cost: $10/adult, $5/kids 3-12
Which of these southern Florida events will make it on your vacation to do list?