Best Of Southern Florida Events: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Events To Do October 12-October 19
Looking for something fun to do in southern Florida over the coming days? Check out one of these great events. We’ve covered food, nature and film!
1. 23rd Annual J.N. “Ding” Darling Days
Visit the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge in beautiful Sanibel between October 14-20 in celebration of National Wildlife Refuge Week. Family Day on October 14 kicks off the festivities with gift bags being given to the first 500 kids, free games, animal encounters, hands-on activities and so much more. There’s even a touch tank and butterfly house to explore. Throughout the festival, birding and kayaking tours will be available along with many more eco-activities.
- Highlight: Nature
- When: October 14-October 20, 2012
- Where: J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, Sanibel Island, Florida
- Cost: Most activities are free
2. Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival
Parties will be happening all over the Fort Lauderdale area while over 200 films from 35+ countries will be shown between October 19 and November 11 during the longest film festival in the world – the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
- Highlight: Screening of more than 200 films
- When: October 19-November 11, 2012
- Where: Cinema Paradiso, 503 Southeast 6th Street Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
- Cost: Varies
3. Oktoberfest, Cape Coral
Rain or shine, the German-American Club in Cape Coral will host a gigantic celebration of German culture for Oktoberfest. Feast on authentic German food and beer, listen to music and do some dancing! Musical groups will be coming right from Germany for this event.
- Highlight: German culture
- When: October 19-21, 2012
- Where: 2101 SW Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, Florida 33991
- Cost: $5/adults (advance, $6/gate), Free/under 12
Which of these south Florida events will make it on your to do list?