Best Of Southern Florida Events: November 30-December 7
Florida News: Events To Do November 30-December 7
If you’re looking for something to do in southern Florida over the weekend, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Key West “Bight” Before Christmas
Produced by the Key West Bight Preservation Association, the Key West “Bight” Before Christmas has been created as a gift for the community of Islamorada. Enjoy live holiday music, let the kids play games, snack on free cookies and sip on eggnog. There will even be photo ops with Santa Claus, holiday lights, a parade and so much holiday cheer!
- Highlight: Free festive fun
- When: November 21-December 31, 2012
- Where: 295 Margaret Street, Key West, Florida
- Cost: Free (except for the Inn Tour on December 7&14)
2. Holiday Nights at Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Enjoy the lights and festive trimmings at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers during the property’s Holiday Nights celebration. See the 20 acres of gardens all lit up for the holidays. Enjoy refreshments and take a tour of the property. Guided tours start at 6pm and 7pm nightly.
- Highlight: Guided tour
- When: December 2-December 31, 2012 | 5:30pm-9pm
- Where: 2350 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- Cost: $15/adults, $8/13-college, $1/6-12, Free/under 5
3. Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion
The Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion will be happening the weekend of November 30 at Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park in Key West. Learn all about the golden age of piracy by watching the living history demonstrations, pirate encampments and live battles. When the event is over you’ll know all about what life was like for 19th century wreckers and 17th century buccaneers. There will be activities and live music for the children in this great, family-friendly event.
- Highlight: Learning about the golden age of piracy
- When: November 30-December 2, 2012
- Where: 601 Howard England Way, Key West, Florida 33040
- Cost: Free with park admission
Which of these events would you most like to do on your vacation in Florida?