Best Of Southern Florida Events: November 23-November 30
Florida News: Events To Do November 23-November 30
If you’ll be spending time in south Florida between November 23 and November 30 and you’re looking for something a little off-the-beaten path to do, check out one of these great events.
1. Miami Short Film Festival
The Miami Short Film Festival (MSFF) will be taking place in Coconut Grove starting on November 24. The goal of the Miami Short Film Festival is to showcase short films (under 20 minutes in length) and to motivate screenwriters, directors, producers and actors to continue making and sharing their films.
- Highlight: Short films
- When: November 24-December 1, 2012
- Where: 247 SW 8th St., Suite #393, Miami, Florida
- Cost: Varies
2. Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Fest
Historic downtown Delray Beach is chock full of culture and it’s always a great place to be, but it’s especially vibrant during the Thanksgiving Weekend Art Fest where there will be many art exhibitions to explore.
- Highlight: Accessible art
- When: November 24-25, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: 200 NE Second Ave., Delray Beach, Florida, 33447, Delray Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion
The Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion will be happening the weekend of November 30 at Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park in Key West. Learn all about the golden age of piracy by watching the living history demonstrations, pirate encampments and live battles. When the event is over you’ll know all about what life was like for 19th century wreckers and 17th century buccaneers. There will be activities and live music for the children in this great, family-friendly event.
- Highlight: Learning about the golden age of piracy
- When: November 30-December 2, 2012
- Where: 601 Howard England Way, Key West, Florida 33040
- Cost: Free with park admission
Which of these events would you most like to do on your Florida vacation?