Best Of Southern Florida Events: November 2-November 9
Florida News: Events To Do November 2-November 9
If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary to do on your travels through southern Florida this weekend, check out one of these awesome events.
1. Taste of the Town, Fort Myers
Sample the culinary offerings of 40 local restaurants on Sunday, during the largest food and entertainment festival in the southwest Florida area. 15,000 people flock to the area for this great event featuring a rock wall, live music, giant slides and more. It takes place at Centennial Park on November 4 from 11am-5pm. The event is sponsored by the Junior League and it is used to help benefit the Harry Chapin Food Bank so bring along a canned food item to the admissions gate.
- Highlight: Yummy food
- When: November 4, 2012 | 11am-5pm
- Where: Centennial Park, 2000 W First St., Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- Cost: $5/adults, Free/Under 12
2. Jensen Beach Pineapple Festival
- Highlight: Vanilla Ice & Eddie Money
- When: November 2-4, 2012
- Where: Shuttle service from 2525 NE Savannah Road, Jensen Beach, Florida
- Cost: $15
3. Aviation Day, Fort Myers
Saturday is Aviation Day in Fort Myers. See antique, experimental and other aviation exhibits while listening to the sounds of a 17-piece big band ensemble. Enjoy a free helicopter ride, let the children enjoy the kids activities which include clowns, face painting, character appearances and more.
- Highlight: Planes!
- When: November 3, 2012 | 10am-3pm
- Where: Page Field General Aviation Airport
- Cost: Free parking and admission
Which of these southern Florida events would be most likely to end up on your vacation to do list?