Best Of Southern Florida Events: November 16-November 23
Florida News: Events To Do November 16-November 23
If you’ll be traveling through southern Florida between November 16 and November 23 and you’re looking for an off-the-beaten path activity to do, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Mad Hatter’s Tea Party and Arts Festival
Visit the Barnacle Historic State Park for the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party and Arts Festival. The event kicks off on Friday at 6pm with the Tea Party, complete with cocktails and costumes. It happens at the Micco Pavilion and reservations are required. Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm is when the Arts Festival happens. Put on your fancy hat and see handmade arts and crafts around the park.
- Highlight: Fancy hats and tea
- When: November 16-18, 2012
- Where: 3485 Main Highway, Coconut Grove, Florida 33133
- Cost: Tea Party | $40, Festival admission | Free with park admission
2. 13th Annual Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Fest
Step away from the turkey for a little while on the weekend and head to Downtown Delray Beach for the Thanksgiving Weekend Art Fest. Admire quality art exhibitions in an outdoor, family-friendly setting. It’s of a caliber that you’d expect to find at an art gallery or museum but makes the arts more casual and approachable.
- Highlight: Accessible art
- When: November 24-25, 2012 | 10am-5pm
- Where: Pineapple Grove Arts District, Delray Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. 11th Annual Miami Short Film Festival
In Coconut Grove the Miami Short Film Festival (MSFF) will be taking place starting on November 24. The goal of this festival is to showcase the short films (under 20 minutes in length) and to motivate screenwriters, directors, producers and actors to continue making and sharing their films.
- Highlight: Short films
- When: November 24-December 1, 2012
- Where: 247 SW 8th St., Suite #393, Miami, Florida
- Cost: Varies
Which of these events in south Florida would you most like to do on your vacation?