Best Of Southern Florida Events: August 31-September 7
Florida News: Events To Do August 31-September 7
If you’re in the Southern Florida area for the Labor Day weekend and beyond, you may be looking for something a little special to do. Check out one of these fun events happening in the coming days.
1. Nabor Day Weekend on Jungle Island
On Labor Day weekend, Jungle Island likes to celebrate its neighbors in Broward and Miami-Dade counties. It does this by inviting neighbors to visit the Jungle for only $10! Tour Jungle Island for the day and hang out with Judy the Elephant for this extra special event.
- Highlight: $10 admission to Jungle Island
- When: September 1, 2012
- Where: 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami, Florida 33132
- Cost: $10 with proof of Miami-Dade or Broward county residency
2. Englewood Pioneer Days
It’s the 56th annual Englewood Pioneer Days! Watch the cardboard boat race and attend the Shipwreck Dance on Saturday. Take the kids to the fishing derby and the diaper derby on Sunday. Let the children participate in the Mad Hatter’s Fun Run on Monday just before the highlight of the entire festival – the Pioneer Days parade!
- Highlight: Pioneer Days parade
- When: August 28-September 3, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Englewood, Florida
- Cost: Most events are free
3. WomenFest, Key West
There is no registration fee for this festival which invites lesbians and their friends to explore Key West. Choose the events that appeal most to you. There’s something for everyone, from comedy shows and snorkeling to sailing and art shows.
- Highlight: Exploring the best of Key West
- When: September 4-9, 2012
- Where: Various locations
- Cost: Varies depending on event
Which of these Southern Florida events would you be most interested in attending?