Best Of Southern Florida Events: August 24-August 31
Florida News: Events To Do August 24-August 31
If you’re looking for something interesting to do as you travel through south Florida over the weekend, check out one of these great upcoming events.
1. International Ballet Festival of Miami
Visit a ballet festival that’s known around the world. See over 120 dancers from more than 25 ballet companies from not only North America but also Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. It will take place at several locations throughout Dade County. Visit the website for a complete schedule.
- Highlight: Celebrating the ballet
- When: August 24-September 16, 2012
- Where: Various locations throughout Miami
- Cost: Varies depending upon venue/event
2. Caladium Festival, Lake Placid
It’s time for the annual Caladium Festival which celebrates the plant that Lake Placid is famous for! Take a bus tour through some stunning caladium fields here in the Caladium Capital of the World. Buy some bulbs and learn about the history of the plant. Enjoy wine made from local grapes. The 16th Annual Caladium Festival Car Show is taking place just a block away on the 25th and 26th.
- Highlight: Colorful caladiums
- When: August 24-26, 2012
- Where: DeVane Park, Lake Placid, Florida, 33852
- Cost: Free
3. Key West Brewfest
Homework couldn’t be too bad at Beer School, could it? Find out at the Key West Beer Fest. There will also be Beer Dinners, Beer Brunches, Beer Seminars, Beer Brunches, Pool Parties and all kinds of other events featuring 150 or so beers and micro-beers at this fun festival. Don’t miss the signature event; the Key West Brewfest Tasting Festival on September 1st!
- Highlight: Tasting lots of beers
- When: August 30-September 3, 2012
- Where: Various locations
- Cost: Varies depending on event
Which of these Southern Florida events would you most enjoy?