Best Of Southern Florida Events: August 17-August 24
Florida News: Events To Do August 17-August 24
If you’re planning on traveling through Southern Florida over the weekend and you’re looking for something interesting to do, check out one of these great events taking place over the coming days.
1. Bon Festival, Delray Beach
Obon is a traditional three-day holiday observed in Japan to honor ancestors and to thank them for the lives being enjoyed by the living. Celebrate the 33rd Bon Festival at The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens to experience this lovely tradition. Listen to taiko drum performances, enjoy the street fair, shop vendor booths, watch traditional Japanese folk dancing and watch the fireworks!
- Highlight: Celebrating Obon
- When: August 18, 2012 | 4pm-9pm
- Where: 4000 Morikami Park Road, Delray Beach, Florida 33446
- Cost: Adults/$15, Children/$6
2. Buckler’s Craft Fair, West Palm Beach
Shop the South Florida Fairgrounds for everything you could possibly want! There will be folk art, candles, artwork, pet items, quilts, flags, painted glass, gourmet foods, yard art, dolls, scrapbooking supplies, jewelry, furniture, home decor items and so much more. Get all your holiday shopping done in August…why not?!
- Highlight: Shopping!
- When: August 18, 2012 | 10am-5pm, August 19, 2012 | 10am-4pm
- Where: 9067 Southern Boulevard, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33411
- Cost: $8
3. Broadwalk Friday Fest, Hollywood Beach
Enjoy a bite to eat at a cafe or seaside restaurant as you listen to the sounds of live blues and jazz. Stroll Hollywood Florida’s 2.5 mile Broadwalk and absorb the tropical breeze, the sights and the sounds.
- Highlight: Live music
- When: August 20, 2012
- Where: Hollywood Beach Theater, A1A at Johnston Street and the ocean
- Cost: Free
Which of these Southern Florida events would you most enjoy visiting with your family.