Best Of Outdoor Events: August 31-September 7
Florida News: Outdoor Events To Do August 31-September 7
If you’re traveling through Florida and you’re looking for something to do in the great outdoors, check out one of these events taking place over the coming days.
1. Wakulla River Snorkel Trip
Hop on the solar-powered pontoon and prepare for a scenic journey along the Wakulla River. Learn about the history of the area and watch out for wildlife! You’ll be provided equipment for snorkeling which you’ll do off the boat, watching for manatees and freshwater fish. Reservations are required, so be sure to secure your spot.
- Highlight: Snorkeling the Wakulla
- When: September 3, 2012 | 10am-noon
- Where: Hwy 98/ Wakulla River ramp
- Cost: $24/Adults, $12/Children, Free/Under 3
2. Soaked Orlando Waterski Festival
Waters-sport enthusiasts won’t want to miss this two-day extreme water sports festival which involves demonstrations, a muscle car and motorcycle show, 200+ foot nighttime ski jumps, a professional slalom competition, kids zone, live entertainment and more! Someone will win $100,000 – the largest prize to ever be awarded in this sport.
- Highlight: Watching extreme water sport competitors
- When: September 7-8, 2012, noon-11pm
- Where: Lake Eola, 195 N. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, Florida 32801
- Cost: $10/Friday, $15/Saturday, $20/Weekend pass
3. Wind Down The Weekend Hike With a Ranger
Explore the one-mile Joe Kenner Nature Trail with a park ranger and take in the scenic beauty while learning about the animals and plants that live in the park. Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, drinking water and wear long pants.
- Highlight: Guided walk
- When: September 2, 2012 | 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Where: 3100 S. State Road A1A, Flagler Beach, Florida, 32136
- Cost: $5/vehicle (correct change), $4/single occupant vehicle, $2/pedestrians, cyclists
Which of these outdoor events would you most enjoy as you travel through Florida?