Best Of Northern Florida Events: September 21-September 28
Florida News: Events To Do In September 21-September 28
If you’re traveling through northern Florida between September 21 and September 28, consider participating in one of these upcoming events.
1. A Walk in the Woods
This free outdoor event is a great event to kick off the weekend with. Meet at the front kiosk of the Jacksonville Arboretum and sign up for one of two walks – fitness or casual. Both promise to be informative and fun. If you choose the casual nature walk, you’ll explore the Arboretum’s trails and learn about the 13 ecosystems they pass through. On the fitness walk, you’ll work off calories on a three mile hike with a Naturalist/Biologist through the Arboretum.
- Highlight: Exploring the Arboretum
- When: September 22, 2012 | 8am-11am
- Where: 1445 Millcoe Rd, Jacksonville, Florida 32225
- Cost: Free
2. Low Country Shrimp Boil
Head to The Shops of the Omni Amelia Island Plantation with the whole family for the Low Country Shrimp Boil. In addition to pots full of the most delectable shrimp you’ll find in this part of Florida, the event also features hermit crab races, hula hoop contests and bean bag games.
- Highlight: Shrimp!
- When: September 27, 2012 | 5 – 8pm
- Where: The Shops – Omni Amelia Island Plantation, 6800 First Coast Highway, Amelia Island, Florida 32034
- Cost: Free
3. Pensacola Seafood Festival
Feast on the fruits of the sea at the Pensacola Seafood Festival which has been named by the Southeast Tourism Society as one of the Top 20 Events in the Southeast. In the past, the event has featured fried oysters, coconut shrimp, blackened mahi mahi, grits a’ ya ya, green tomato gumbo, Pensacola crab ball and fried grouper. In addition to sampling delicious foods, watch cooking demos, shop from among the 175 arts and crafts booths, take in some live entertainment!
- Highlight: Sampling delicious seafood
- When: September 28-30, 2012
- Where: Historic District in Seville Square and Bartram Park, Pensacola, Florida
- Cost: Varies
Which of these events would you most enjoy on your travels through Florida?