Best Of Northern Florida Events: September 14-September 21
Florida News: Events To Do September 14-September 21
As you travel through Northern Florida between September 14 and 21, there are many exciting events to participate in, in the region. Here are three great ones to choose from.
1. Spanish American War Event, Fernandina Beach
Commemorate the part Fort Clinch played in the Spanish-American War by visiting the Fort Clinch State Park on the weekend. Explore period military equipment and exhibits from the armament while uniformed interpreters wander about, ready to answer your questions.
- Highlight: Commemorating the Spanish-American War
- When: September 15, 2012 | 9am-5pm & September 16, 2012 | 9am-1pm
- Where: Fort Clinch State Park, 2601 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
- Cost: Park admission plus $2/person
2. Amelia Island Blues Festival
Take in more than ten musical performances happening between September 14 and September 16 at the second annual Amelia Island Blues Festival. On the roster are: Beech Street Blues Band, The Nouveau Honkies and David Gerald Band. Other activities will take place throughout the event and there will be several dining options to choose from throughout the event as well.
- Highlight: Blues
- When: September 14, 5-10:30pm | September 15, 12-11pm | September 16, 12-7pm
- Where: Main Beach, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Old Time Dance at O’Leno, High Springs
The town of Leno was thriving in the mid-1800s and at that time, dances like circles and squares were all the rage. Enjoy the music of the Flying Turtles String Band and come out and learn some of the dances that were popular at that time. A caller will walk everyone through so everyone is welcome – even first time dancers. The dance takes place in the 1930s Recreation Hall on the banks of the Santa Fe River.
- Highlight: Dancing!
- When: September 16, 2012 | 2pm-5pm
- Where: 410 S.E. O’Leno Park Road, High Springs, Florida 32643
- Cost: Park admission plus $5/adult, $3/student, Free/under 12
Which of these events would you like to participate in on your travels through Florida.