Best Of Northern Florida Events: October 26-November 2
Florida News: Events To Do October 26-November 2
If you’re trying to figure out what to do in northern Florida over the next few days, check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Running of the Ghouls
Find a creative costume that will be comfortable to run in and plan to tackle the 5k Trail Run or the 1 mile Fun Run. Prizes will be awarded for Best Gator Fan, Prettiest Princess, Best Bulldog Fan, My Hero, LOL, Scare Your Chip Off and You Ran in That? Bring your pooch and dress him up too! There will be a prize for doggie costume!
- Highlight: 1 mile fun run
- When: October 27, 2012 | 8:30am
- Where: Nocatee Greenway Trails, 245 Little River Road, Ponte Vedra, Florida
- Cost: $30/5k ($25 before Oct 26), $12/Fun Run
2. Monarch Butterfly Festival
Celebrate the monarch butterfly’s migration! Head to St. Marks NWR and check out the annual Monarch Butterfly FEstival where there’ll be crafts, exhibits, tours and monarch tagging.
- Highlight: Butterflies fluttering by
- When: October 27, 2012 | 10am-4pm
- Where: St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, 1200 Lighthouse Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32355
- Cost: $5
3. 2012 Spooktacular
Nine nights of fun with candy, pumpkins, scarecrows and lots and lots of excitement! This is a wonderful Halloween event for families to enjoy together – the 25th Annual Spooktacular at Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Go trick-or-treating, meet wizards, pirates, fairies and other fun creatures. If you’re feeling brave, visit one of the three scare zones!
- Highlight: Trick-or-treating at the zoo
- When: October 31, 2012 | 6:30pm-10pm
- Where: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, 370 Jacksonville Zoo Train, Jacksonville
- Cost: $10
Which of these fun northern Florida events would you be most likely to do on your vacation?