Best Of Northern Florida Events: October 19-October 26
Florida News: Events To Do October 19-October 26
If you’ll be traveling through northern Florida between the 19th and 26th of October, check out one of these great upcoming events! Celebrate mullets, cooters and visit a state fair!
Visit Liberty Park in downtown Inverness and celebrate cooters – the little turtles that live in rivers across the south. It’s okay to step out of your shell and have some fun at a variety of outdoor events featuring traditional southern entertainment. Take in the cooter races! Celebrate Cooterween! It’s the 9th Annual Great American Cooterfest. Will you be there?
- Highlight: Good old southern entertainment
- When: October 26-28, 2012
- Where: Liberty Park, 100-199 N. Apopka Ave., Inverness, Florida, 34450
- Cost: Free
2. Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival
You don’t need to vacation back to 1989 to celebrate mullets! Check out The Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival in Niceville, Florida and celebrate the other kind of mullet…the fish! There will be fun for the whole family, great entertainment, rides, exhibits, games and lots of food. 4 tons of mullet will be eaten during the festival. That’s a lot of mullet guttin’.
- Highlight: Filling your gullet with mullet
- When: October 19-21, 2012
- Where: The intersection of Hwy 85 N and College Blvd., 1/2 mile north of Niceville
- Cost: Fri: $10, Sat: $10/before 5pm, $15/5pm-close, Sun: $10 | Free/Kids under 11
3. Pensacola Interstate Fair
2012 marks the 78th year that families have visited the Pensacola Interstate Fair. It started in 1935 with a few animals and a small tent to have grown to a greatly anticipated yearly event. From livestock to classic rides and concession stands, this is the quintessential county fair. Little Richard will even preform! Visit the website for full details and a schedule for this ten-day event.
- Highlight: Old fashioned fair
- When: October 18-28, 2012
- Where: 6655 W. Mobile Hwy, Pensacola, Florida 32526
- Cost: $11/adults, $5/children 4-11, Free/under 3
Which of these northern Florida events will make it on your vacation to do list?