Best Of Northern Florida Events: October 12-October 19
Florida News: Events To Do October 12-October 19
There’s always a great selection of events taking place in any given area in Florida. Here are some happenings in the northern part of the state that you may wish to do on your travels!
1. Blast on the Bay Songwriter’s Circle
Take in some of the performances by the talented musicians and songwriters participating in the Blast on the Bay Songwriter’s Circle. There will be more than 20 musicians here who’ve written hundreds of hits for artists like Brad Paisley, Faith Hill and John Waite. The roster of songwriters includes Steve Leslie, Lisa Shaffer, Walt Aldridge, and Charlie and Dana Hunt Black.
- Highlight: Songwriters singing songs
- When: October 19-21, 2012
- Where: Various locations in Port Saint Joe, Mexico Beach and Indian Pass
- Cost: Free
2. Sears Safety Weekend and Car Show
Learn all kinds of things related to safety. Donate your blood, tour emergency vehicles, get a health screening and see the smoke trailer. Sign the Breast Cancer Awareness fire truck! Can you handle a hose like a real fire fighter? Check out the car show on Sunday and if you have a fancy car, show it off for a great cause!
- Highlight: Learn things that could save a life
- When: October 13 | 10am – 4pm, October 14 | 12pm-4pm
- Where: 1910 Wells Rd, Orange Park, Florida 32073
- Cost: Free
3. Historic Monticello Ghost Tours
Go on a 90-minute ghost walking tour of Monticello, Florida, “The South’s Most Haunted Small Town.” See some of the most haunted locations in the historic downtown. Reserve your spot by calling (850) 997-5552.
- Highlight: A spooky adventure
- When: October 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 & 31 | 7:30 and 9:30pm
- Where: 420 W. Washington Street, Monticello, Florida
- Cost: $15/over 13, $12/8-12 years, Free/under 7
Which of these events would you be most likely to add to your northern Florida to do list?