Best Of Northern Florida Events: November 30-December 7
Florida News: Events To Do November 30-December 7
Looking for something fun to do in Northern Florida in the coming days? Check out one of these festive events!
1. Synchronized Nightly Tree Light Shows
Come out to the The Jacksonville Landing and see the 56-foot-tree that comes alive each and every evening from now until January 1 with a spectacular 10-minute synchronized light show featuring over 78,000 twinkling lights. Every hour on the hour these light shows happen Sunday through Thursday 6pm-9pm and then on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 pm right until midnight.
- Highlight: Twinkling lights
- When: November 23-January 1, 2013 | 6pm
- Where: 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
2. 2012 Gingerbread House Extravaganza
The Jacksonville Historical Society will have dozens of gingerbread houses and other delicious creations on display during the Gingerbread House Extravaganza! This much-loved holiday event helps to fund children’s programs in the area. While the event is free it is suggested that a $5 donation be given by each adult visitor and $3 per child.
- Highlight: Cute confections
- When: December 6, 2012 | 11am-5pm
- Where: Old St. Andrews Church, 317 A Philip Randolph Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
3. Christmas Celebration
The annual Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration at The Panhandle Pioneer Settlement in Blounstown will take place December 1. After the Blountstown Christmas parade, join your neighbors from 5-8pm for stew, hamburgers, hotdogs, hot cocoa, coffee and other fitting refreshments. There will be hayrides and puppet shows, story telling, a marshmallow roast, Christmas carols and Christmas treats.
- Highlight: An old fashioned Christmas celebration
- When: December 1, 2012 | 5pm-8pm
- Where: Panhandle Pioneer Settlement, Blountstown, Floria
- Cost: $3
Which of these events in Northern Florida would you most like to add to your vacation to do list?