Best Of Northern Florida Events: November 16-November 23
Florida News: Events To Do November 16-November 23
If you’re traveling through the northern part of Florida between November 16 and November 23, consider visiting one of these great upcoming events.
1. Amelia Island Holiday Cookie Tour
What could be more fun than touring around eating cookies? Embark on a self-paced and self-guided tour of Amelia Island, snacking your way from inn to inn, visiting some of the areas most historic buildings and taking recipes home with you. What great stories you’ll have to tell during your holiday cookie exchange.
- Highlight: Sampling cookies
- When: November 17, 2012 | Noon-5pm
- Where: Inns of Amelia Island
- Cost: $25
2. Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration
Now that Veterans Day has passed, it’s time to start getting into the holiday spirit. If you’re in northern Florida, you should make a point of visiting St. Augustine for the Nights of Lights Festival and Celebration. See millions of twinkling lights on palm trees, buildings and more. The official opening ceremony, Light Up! Night, happens on November 17 at 6:30pm and after that, the lights stay on each night until the end of January.
- Highlight: Millions of twinkling lights
- When: November 17-January 31, 2012
- Where: Plaza de la Constitucion King Street, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: Free
3. Jacksonville Landing Tree Lighting
Tens of thousands of L.E.D lights will light up a 56-foot tall Christmas tree on November 23, kicking off the holiday season in Northeast Florida. In addition to those 78,000 or so lights, there will be over 240 ornaments also adorning the tree, making quite a spectacle on the St. Johns River. Stick around after the lighting ceremony for live music an a fireworks display.
- Highlight: 56-foot tall Christmas tree
- When: November 23, 2012 | 7pm-10pm
- Where: 2 W. Independent Drive, Jacksonville, Florida 32202
- Cost: Free
Which of these events would you most like to add to your vacation to do list?