Best Of Northern Florida Events: December 7-December 14
Florida News: Events To Do December 7-December 14
Looking for something to do in Northern Florida that will take you a little bit off the beaten path? Check out one of these great upcoming events!
1. Annual Holiday Parade and Lawn Mower Contest
Head to Downtown Havana’s Main Street on December 8 for the annual Holiday Parade and Lawn Mower Contest. Check out how zany and wild the lawn mowers have been decorated by their owners, all with the hope of winning one of the three prizes for best entry. This year, golf carts have also been added to the competition so it should be a fun parade to watch!
- Highlight: Festive golf carts
- When: December 8, 2012 | 10am-6pm
- Where: Downtown Havana, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Caroling the Ravines
Visit Ravine Gardens State Park for an old-fashioned event where family, friends and neighbors gather for a wagon ride and holiday carols. Stay for the entertainment happening under the pavilion and in Civic Center. Buy some holiday refreshments. Entrance is free with a donation of non-perishable food for charity.
- Highlight: Favorite holiday carols
- When: December 8, 2012 | 6pm-9pm
- Where: 1600 Twigg Street, Palatka, Florida 32177
- Cost: Free (with a non-perishable food item donation)
3. Southern Pines Blues and BBQ Festival
It’s time for the delicious Southern Pines Blues and BBQ Festival in Perry, one of the biggest and best BBQ and blues festivals in North Florida. Listen to the music of blues artists from all over. Taste some of the best BBQ in the south. Great fun, free family event!
- Highlight: BBQ!
- When: December 7-8, 2012
- Where: 203 Forest Park Drive, Perry, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these events would you most like to add to your Florida vacation to do list?