Best Of Northern Florida Events: August 31-September 7
Florida News: Events To Do August 31-September 7
If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary to see or do on your travels through northern Florida, check out one of these upcoming events.
1. Amelia Island Turtle Trot
Run the 11th annual Amelia Island Turtle Trot on Labor Day! This 5K run or walk on the hard packed sand near Sandy Bottoms Beach Bar, is fun for runners of all skill levels and ages. It also helps to raise funds for sea turtle conservation. For your donation ($20 if you register by September 2 and $25 on race day) you receive a T-shirt with sea turtle artwork created by a local artist. If you’re one of the first 500 runners to cross the finish line, you’ll also receive a coffee mug.
- Highlight: Helping sea turtles and getting exercise
- When: September 3, 2012 | Registration between 6:30am-7:15am
- Where: Starts and ends near 2910 Atlantic Avenue Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034
- Cost: $25 registration on race day, $20 in advance
2. Tallahassee Kids Fair
Live entertainment, booths showcasing services and products for enriching the lives of children, hands-on demonstrations and celebrity appearances. This fair gives children, their teachers and their parents information about what sort of local educational and health and wellness resources are available to enrich the lives of for area kids.
- Highlight: Seeing a celebrity
- When: September 1, 2012 |10 a.m. 5 p.m.
- Where: 3000 School House Road Tallahassee, Florida 32311
- Cost: $5.00
3. Autumn in the Eighties
Head over to the Murray Hill Branch Library on Tuesday for a free screening of the classic 1980s film, Back to the Future.
- Highlight: Another chance to see Doc and Marty McFly!
- When: September 4, 2012 | 6:30pm
- Where: Murray Hill Branch Library, 918 Edgewood Ave S, Jacksonville, Florida 32205
- Cost: Free
Which of these northern Florida events would you be most interested in exploring with your family?