Best Of Northern Florida Events: August 24-August 31
Florida News: Events To Do In August 24-August 31
Will you be looking for something exciting to do as you travel through Northern Florida over the weekend? If so, why not explore one of these great upcoming events?
1. Ferry Fest
What do you do when there’s a ferry in trouble? Well…you throw a party to help save it, of course! Come out with the whole family and enjoy some good food (from Up in Smoke, Brucci’s Pizza, Driftwood BBQ and more!), listen to great live music and let the kids play in the bouncy houses. It’s sure to be a great big ferry party with some great big fun for all!
- Highlight: Showing support for a ferry in danger
- When: August 25, 2012 | 1pm-9pm
- Where: 4610 Ocean St, Jacksonville, Florida 32233
- Cost: Donation
2. 23rd Annual Exotic Bird Fair and Festival
There’s something about exotic birds that gets everyone excited! Check out this two-day family event where the focus is on these gorgeous creatures. Shop for bird toys and cages. Let your children take part in some special activities just for them! There will be educational demos, parrots will perform and there will also be food and prizes! Get a two-day pass for only $8.
- Highlight: Birds
- When: August 25: 9am-5pm, August 26: 10am-4pm
- Where: 441 Paul Russell Road (Enter from South Monroe Street) Tallahassee, FL. 32301
- Cost: $5/adults, Free/children under 10
3. Third Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-Off
What better way to kick Kick off the football season than with a BBQ? Well how about a BBQ competition at the beach? That’s what’s happening during Amelia Island’s 3rd Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-Off. Roughly 65 teams will compete in the cook-off, competing for more than $20,000 in cash and prizes. Cheer on your favorite team! listen to great live music and taste some delicious barbeque. You might learn a grilling tip or two!
- Highlight: BBQ!
- When: August 24 2012, 3pm-9pm | August 25 2012, 10am-9pm
- Where: Main Beach, 99 North Fletcher Avenue, Amelia Island, Florida 32034
- Cost: Free
Which of these Northern Florida events would you rather explore with your family?