Best Of Northern Florida Events: August 17-August 24
Florida News: Events To Do August 17-August 24
If you’re traveling through North Florida this weekend and you’re looking for something fun to do, why not check out one of these fabulous events?
1. The Jacob Jeffries Band at the BBC
For the first time ever, the Jacob Jeffries Band will play the Bradfordville Blues Club (BBC). Enjoy the music of a musician who has opened for the Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray and Anthony Hamilton and Dashboard Confessional. Rock is their signature sound but they’ll be playing lots of original blues and some covers on Friday.
- Highlight: Live music
- When: August 17, 2012 | 9:30pm
- Where: 7152 Moses Lane Tallahassee Florida, 32309
- Cost: $13 in advance
2. Eat Up Downtown
If there’s a Downtown and/or Southbank restaurant you’ve been dying to try, now’s your chance to get a fabulous meal at an unbeatable price. Several downtown area restaurants – from cafes to fine eateries – are in on the deal where they’re offering a specially chosen three-course meal for either $15, $25 or $35 per person. Check out the participating restaurants and their menus.
- Highlight: Fine food for cheap
- When: August 13-August 26, 2012
- Where: Various restaurants in downtown Jacksonville
- Cost: $15, $25 and $35
3. Jazoo’s Birthday-Back to School Summer Bash, Jacksonville
Who doesn’t love a birthday party at the zoo? Take the family to Jazoo’s Birthday-Back to School Summer Bash at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Enjoy cupcakes, music, games and prizes and of course visits from area mascots!
- Highlight: Birthday treats!
- When: August 18, 2012 | 11am-3pm
- Where: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, 370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida 32218
- Cost: Adults/$14.95, Seniors/$12.95, Children/$9.95, Under 2/Free
Which of these Northern Florida events would you most like to participate in with your family?