Best Of Northern Florida Events: August 10-August 17
Florida News: Events To Do August 10-August 17
There’s lots of fun in Northern Florida just waiting for you to get out there and find it! On your travels through this part of the state in the coming days, check out one of these great events!
1. Kayaking 101
When it comes to kayaking, do you know the basics? Enroll yourself in Kayaking 101 at the Tree Hill Nature Center and take a class on what to do, what you’ll need and where to go! Space is limited, so register online if you’re interested in this event.
- Highlight: Boosting your kayaking confidence
- When: August 11, 2012 | 1pm
- Where: Tree Hill Nature Center, 7152 Lone Star Rd, Jacksonville, Florida, 32211
- Cost: $5/members, $10/non-members
2. III Forks Uncorked
Wine lovers (especially frugal wine lovers): prepare to rejoice! At III Forks restaurant in Jacksonville on Monday you can sample a featured wine and passed hors ‘d’oeuvres for free! Then you can enjoy a glass or a bottle for half price!
- Highlight: Half-price wine
- When: August 13, 2012 | 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Where: 9822 Tapestry Park Circle, Suite #111, Jacksonville, Florida, 32246
- Cost: Free
3. Summer Arts Festival
For some reason, art and summer seem to go hand-in-hand. Come out to the Friends of Maclay Gardens to meet some local artists and admire their works of art for show and for sale. A silent auction will be taking place to add a bit of suspense to the event!
- When: August 11, 2012 | 9am-2pm
- Where: Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park
- Cost: Free
Which of these Florida events most interests your family?