Best Of Northern Florida Events: October 5-October 12
Florida News: Events To Do October 5-October 12
Whether you’re into music or fitness or food, there’s an event for you to look forward to in north Florida over the coming days. Which one of these three events most piques your interest?
1. Free Concert in Amelia Park
The Amelia Island Jazz Festival takes place October 7-14 and one of the events taking place is a free jazz concert in the park on Sunday from 4-6pm. Listen to the “TGIF” Navy Brass Band and enjoy food and drinks from Sonny’s Bar-B-Q. Bring a blanket or some lawn chairs and have a lovely, relaxing time.
- Highlight: Free jazz
- When: October 7, 2012 | 4 pm – 6 pm
- Where: Amelia Park Subdivision, between 14th and Citrona Drive, Fernandina Beach, Florida
- Cost: Free
2. Pink Up The Pace
Help those in and around St. Augustine whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. Pink Up The Pace is an 5K run/walk that raises funds to help those underinsured or uninsured women to pay for breast exams, aiding in the early detection of breast cancer. Get your sneakers on for a great cause!
- Highlight: Help finding a cure
- When: October 6, 2012 | 8am
- Where: Visitors Information Center on Avenida Menendez, St. Augustine, Florida
- Cost: $30
3. Destin Seafood Festival
The historic Destin boardwalk will be the place to be from October 5-7 during the annual event that everyone looks forward to. The Destin Seafood Festival celebrates the fishing culture and Gulf Coast lifestyle that makes Destin such a special place to visit. This three-day festival is packed with events focused on food but there will also be live music, crafts, art, entertainment and fireworks!
- Highlight: Seafood and tunes
- When: October 5, 3pm-10m | October 6, 10am-10pm | October 7, 11am-5pm
- Where: HarborWalk Village, Destin, Florida
- Cost: Free
Which of these events would you most like to do in North Florida?